Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Little Update, Nothing Special

It's been the week of Diwali here. Apparently this means everyone spends all the money they have on fireworks and sets them off on every street corner. It has literally been sounding like a war zone outside for the past two days. The lights are pretty, but the sound really sets me on edge.

Other than that....I've been sick a lot. But it's getting better, I hope.
I'm working on logging books at the school so we can hopefully end up having a little library for the kids to check out books. I know they would love that.

I think about coming home everyday. But I know that even if I hate every second of it I have to stay till April. If I don't, I'll always regret it. I'm also pretty much halfway done and my family is coming in a month! whoooo! *happy dance* then I only have like 4 months to go and I know they will fly by.

I've learned and discovered so much about myself while being here. I've made great friends who I am able to share this experience with. I'm hopefully helping people too, but really this trip has already been worth it for me.
I am so thankful to all the people who worked so hard to get me here.

I'm finally finding Indian sweets I like, thats a big deal for me lol I'm sure I've changed in ways I don't even realize and wont realize till I get back to the states. Thank you all so much for your support. I'm sorry I've been MIA for so long.

Hugs and Kisses from India!
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment