Saturday, June 23, 2012

For Women Only

When Sarah and I were traveling around Delhi we took the subway. They have a couple special cars in the front just for women. They had these pink signs on the floor and hanging from the ceiling. There were actually guards standing at the entrances to make sure no men got on. I don't think we would ever see something like this in America. I thought it was funny.

This is my wonderful friend Sarah and my first authentic Indian meal. Sarah has been so helpful. I don't know what I would do without her. She is a teacher where I will be teaching. yay!
The food was amazing. I had pomagranite juice! and we bought mango's at the market today. sooo gooooood.

We just got to where I'll be staying for the next couple of months. I'm going to take a video so I can show you guys around. It's different in some pretty interesting ways lol But that's a post for another day. I know all of you guys are just waking up...but it's time for me to go to sleep! sweet dreams everybody!

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you Meg. God will grow you so much. Praying for that and be open to that. God bless you. Love Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that meal looks delicious! Love the subway story and picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a good idea to have Women Only cars on the subway. I would feel safer that way if it were me.

    ReplyDelete